Early offer rounds
There are six early offer rounds (before the Main Round):
- September Round 1 – Friday 2 September 2016
- September Round 2 – Friday 23 September 2016
- October Round – Friday 21 October 2016
- November Round – Friday 11 November 2016
- December Round – Friday 9 December 2016
- January Round 1 – Thursday 5 January 2017.
Some institutions may make a limited number of offers in the early offer rounds to groups of applicants including:
- non-Year 12 applicants
- 2016 Year 12 applicants selected on criteria other than ATAR, such as an interview, audition or special admissions program (December Round)
- 2016 Year 12 applicants receiving offers as part of the Schools Recommendation Schemes (December Round).
Distance education courses
Most institutions offering these courses make the majority of offers in the early rounds. All preferences are considered for these courses.
Institutions participating in early offer rounds
Institution participation in these rounds is optional. Check the lists of institutions participating in pre-Main offer rounds.
Key dates for early offer rounds
For each offer round, there are certain dates by which you need to apply and pay, provide documents and change your preferences to be guaranteed consideration in that offer round.
If you’ve already applied, you can change your preferences for each early offer round. Remember that many courses have early closing dates for applying and providing documents. Check the course descriptions in the course search.
If you don’t receive an offer in an early offer round, don’t contact UAC. Remember that most offers are made in the Main Round at 6pm on Wednesday 18 January 2017.