If you have a disability

If you have a disability and are having problems with the UAC application process, call us on 1300 275 822 (from mobiles on (02) 9752 0200 or from overseas on +61 2 9752 0200) between 8.30am and 4.30pm (Sydney time) Monday to Friday, email us using the enquiry form or write to the Equity Unit, UAC, Locked Bag 112, Silverwater NSW 2128, Australia. We will help you through the application process.

Institutions can provide services and assessment adjustments for students who have disabilities and ongoing illnesses that affect their studies. However, they do not guarantee that applicants with a disability will be offered a place in a course.

Institutions use the term 'disability' to include a wide range of illnesses as well as physical, sensory, learning and psychiatric disabilities. Disability services staff at each institution can provide advice and information when you are preparing for study.

If you have a disability or ongoing illness that may disadvantage you during your studies, you can include this information in your application.

Any information you provide will help the institution meet your education needs and will only be seen by disability services staff; it will not affect your application for admission.

You're encouraged to contact the Disability Officers at the institutions to which you have applied to discuss your education needs. They can provide advice and information when you are preparing for university study. The Get Ready for Uni website has information on making the move from school to university for students with disabilities.

The support services and physical access may differ from institution to institution, but the services generally offered include: note takers, personal readers, examination provisions, assistance in the library, learning assistance, alternative assessment methods, and provision of academic material in alternative formats. Some institutions may provide parking for holders of Roads and Maritime Services Services Mobility Parking Scheme permits.

You may also be eligible for Educational Access Schemes (EAS).