Authorising someone to act on your behalf
All information in your application is confidential. For privacy reasons we can't discuss information relating to your application with anyone else. However, you can authorise a relative or friend to act on your behalf and talk to UAC about your application.
To authorise someone to act on your behalf, you and the person you are authorising must:
- complete the appropriate section in your application or
- submit a letter of authority to UAC.
The letter of authority must include:
- the printed full name and signature of the person who will be acting on your behalf
- your printed full name and signature
- your contact telephone number or email address
- your UAC application number.
Your authorisation only applies to the UAC application process. It does NOT authorise someone to accept an offer on your behalf. For details on how to authorise someone to accept an offer on your behalf, contact the relevant institution.