Who can apply through UAC Undergraduate?

You can apply through UAC Undergraduate if you're:

  • an Australian or New Zealand citizen
  • a permanent resident of Australia
  • the holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa.

If you aren't a permanent resident yet you may be able to apply through UAC International.

When you apply through UAC you apply as either a Year 12 applicant or a non-Year 12 applicant.

Who can’t apply through UAC?

If you are an international student in one of the following categories you apply directly to the relevant institution:

  • holder of a permit for temporary entry into Australia (eg overseas student, permanent resident of New Zealand, diplomat and temporary resident who holds a work permit)
  • exchange student
  • international student currently enrolled in an English language course or in a course at an Australian tertiary institution (including a tertiary preparation course) or TAFE.

If you must apply directly, contact your chosen institution as soon as possible. Each institution has its own application procedures and admission requirements.

Read about who can be offered a place in a course.