Some institutions take employment experience into account when considering your application.
All employment experience must be fully documented – you must provide a statement of service for each of your jobs. Only paid employment of one year or more will be considered. This includes continuous employment with one employer, or periods undertaking the same job with different employers. Unpaid and voluntary work experience will not be considered.
Year 12 applicants
If you are a Year 12 student in 2017, your employment experience will generally not be taken into consideration.
Non-Year 12 applicants
The institutions listed below use employment experience as part of the selection criteria for some or all of their courses. Before applying, check with the institutions for details.
- Australian Catholic University – all courses
- Australian Maritime College – all courses
- Australian National University – not considered for all courses. ANU will consider work experience that meets the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classifi cation of Occupations (ANZSCO) scale, with a minimum skill level of 2 and with a minimum duration of five years’ work experience or higher.
- Charles Sturt University – relevant industry experience of at least two years for most courses
- CQUniversity – all courses except B Hospitality Management, B Science (Psychology)
- Griffith University – all courses except B Medical Science and B Dental Health Science, all Law programs, B Popular Music
- International College of Management, Sydney – all courses.
- La Trobe University – most courses for applicants 21 years of age or older in the year they intend to start tertiary study
- Macleay College – all courses for applicants over 20 years of age (by Monday 5 February 2018)
- SAE – most courses
- SIBT – all courses for applicants over 21 years of age
- Southern Cross University – all courses
- Top Education Institute – all courses
- Torrens University Australia – all courses
- University of Canberra – all courses
- University of New England – most courses
- University of Newcastle – not considered for all programs. For more information call (02) 4921 5000 (Newcastle – Callaghan campus) or (02) 4348 4030 (Central Coast – Ourimbah campus).
- Western Sydney University – most courses