Some institutions take employment experience into account when considering your application.
All employment experience must be fully documented – you must provide a statement of service for each of your jobs. Only paid employment of one year or more will be considered. This includes continuous employment with one employer, or periods undertaking the same job with different employers. Unpaid and voluntary work experience will not be considered.
Year 12 applicants
If you are a Year 12 student in 2016, your employment experience will generally not be taken into consideration.
Non-Year 12 applicants
The institutions listed below use employment experience as part of the selection criteria for some or all of their courses:
- Australasian College of Natural Therapies – all courses
- Australian Catholic University – all courses
- Australian Maritime College – all courses
- Australian National College of Beauty – all courses
- Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University – all courses
- CATC Design School – all courses
- Charles Sturt University – most courses
- CQUniversity – all courses except B Hospitality Management, B Science (Psychology)
- Griffith University – all courses except B Medical Science and B Oral Health in Dental Science, all Law programs, B Popular Music
- International College of Management, Sydney – all courses.
- Jansen Newman Institute – all courses
- La Trobe University – most courses
- Macleay College – all courses
- SIBT – all courses for applicants over 21 years of age
- Southern Cross University – 12 months of full-time employment experience may be an alternative entry method for any course
- Top Education Institute – all courses
- Torrens University Australia (including APM College) – all courses
- University of Canberra – all courses
- University of New England – most courses
- University of Newcastle – not considered for all programs. For more information call (02) 4921 5000 (Newcastle – Callaghan campus) or (02) 4348 4030 (Central Coast – Ourimbah campus).
- University of Technology Sydney – non-current school leaver applicants for Engineering, Information Technology and Science courses. Check course descriptions through the course search.
- Western Sydney University – all courses
- William Blue College of Hospitality Management – all courses