UAC News is going digital
Following comprehensive feedback, from March 2017 UAC News will be delivered electronically.
To receive your copy, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your school and the email address you would like UAC News delivered to.
Read the latest newsletters.
UAC produces a number of resources to help professional careers advisers and senior secondary school staff give advice to students about maximising their chances of being accepted into tertiary education. We also run information sessions for careers advisers, students and parents, and attend tertiary education and careers events throughout NSW and the ACT.
My School Access
You can log in to MySchool after 5pm on the following dates to access information about the preferences and offers of students from your school:
- 12 September 2016 – preferences, so you know who has applied
- 6 December 2016 – preferences, so you know first preferences before SRS offer round
- 9 December 2016 – offers from SRS round
- 9 January 2017 – preferences, so you know final choices for Main Round
- 19 January 2017 – offers from Main Round
- 20 February 2017 – offers, so you know all offers for semester 1.
You'll need your school's username and password to log in. These have been mailed to all schools. If you have any technical difficulties or questions, call UAC Customer Service on (02) 9752 0200 or email email@example.com.
Our professional development days are for careers advisers, year advisers and other senior secondary staff who advise students about subject selection, the ATAR and applying to uni. Read more about UAC Days.
Year 10 information
- Help Year 10 students with their HSC subject selection using the Choosing HSC courses: facts and myths presentation. It covers the HSC, ATAR and pathways to uni and dispels common myths about subject selection and scaling. You can save the file and print notes pages for the presentation.
- Download or purchase a copy of the University Entry Requirements 2019 for Year 10 students (2016 Year 10 students) in the UAC Shop. You can also download UAC's presentation, A Walk Through the Year 10 Booklet, to share with students.
Year 12 information
- Download the All About the ATAR presentation for a simple overview of the calculation and for the truth behind those common ATAR myths. For details on ATAR courses, calculation, results and more, visit our ATAR website.
- View the Applying to uni presentation.
- Check the EAS school lists for information about schools considered under EAS disadvantage codes S01C, S01E and S01R. You can also download our Quick Guide to EAS and our fact sheet on Educational Impact Statements.
- Find out how School Recommendation Schemes work.
- Stay informed about Equity Scholarships for financially disadvantaged students.
Categorisation of new courses
Punjabi Continuers has been categorised as a Category A course and is being examined for the first time in the 2016 NSW HSC.
Remember that no more than two units of Category B courses can be included in the ATAR calculation.