Who can apply through UAC Postgraduate?

You are eligible to apply through UAC for courses listed in the course search if you are:

  • an Australian citizen
  • a New Zealand citizen
  • a permanent resident of Australia.

There are two main types of postgraduate study: research and coursework.

Research requires you to undertake supervised research leading to a thesis or other piece of written material within a set period of time. Masters degrees and PhDs can be obtained by research and usually require a Bachelor degree at honours level or equivalent for admission.

Coursework is composed of units of study, which usually require you to attend lectures and tutorials. Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Masters degrees can be completed this way.

Only postgraduate coursework applications are processed through UAC. For research programs you need to contact the relevant institution directly.

Who can't apply through UAC Postgraduate?

All international fee-paying applicants must apply directly to the participating institutions, not through UAC.

UAC does not process deferments for postgraduate courses. Contact the relevant institution directly to establish their policy on deferment.

Who can be offered a place in a course?

To be offered a place in a course you must:

  • meet the admission requirements of the institution offering the course. Each institution sets its own admission requirements. Contact your chosen institution directly for more information.
  • meet the entrance requirements of the course – some courses have special requirements. Check the course descriptions in the course search for individual course details.

You usually need to have completed a relevant undergraduate degree or Diploma. You may also need professional work experience.

Quick Postgraduate links