30 August 2017
Junior Software Developer
12 months fixed-term appointment with potential extension
Reference no. 1714
UAC - the Universities Admissions Centre – was established in 1995 and is the largest tertiary admissions centre in Australia. Owned by universities in NSW and the ACT, our mission is to provide excellence in admissions services and promote equity of access to tertiary education. Central to that mission is our belief in the value of education and our commitment to providing opportunities in higher education for all members of our community. We’re not-for-profit and driven by a strong culture of servicing the needs of all our stakeholders.
About the job
UAC is looking for a number of Junior Developer positions to join their team in Sydney Olympic Park.
Being a part of UAC's rapidly growing business and a member of a progressive development team, you will work on exciting projects with realistic delivery dates. These positions are suitable for those who are looking to kick-start their software career.
- Some example projects are:
- Web application from proof of concept to production-graded system
- RESTful API and web services
- Relevance search
- Data analysis and visualisation
- iOS and Android apps
You will be mentored and guided by our seasoned developers with the technology stack that involves Grails, Spring Boot, Wicket, Java, AngularJS, Bootstrap UI, iOS & Android. We use Agile methodology to drive our development and change process.
- You will need to:
- Be a quick learner
- Be eager to learn new technologies
- Have solid knowledge of OOP, basic software design patterns and the ability to write algorithms
- Know how to query database using SQL
- Have experience with Java and related Java web frameworks
- Have excellent communication skills
Remuneration: The salary for this position at Grade 4 is $74,257.19 pa (includes base salary plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution and annual leave loading).
If this is an opportunity of interest to you, please download this Information Package (you need to download all files to apply for this position):
- Junior Software Developer Position Description and UAC Information Letter
- Nature and scope of UAC & Organisation Chart
For your application to be considered, you must provide a written response to each of the selection criteria listed in the Position Description. Your application should also include your resume, copies of qualifications and the Position Reference number.
Send your application to: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries: Contact Melissa Arrage (02) 9752 0725 or email email@example.com.
Closing date: 4.30pm Wednesday 27 September 2017