Documents you may need to provide to UAC

If applicable, you'll need to supply documentary evidence (including proof of completion) for the following qualifications:

  • TAFE studies outside NSW and the ACT
  • Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) courses delivered by private providers (Documentation must indicate AQF accreditation. Your qualification will not be assessed without proof of accreditation.)
  • overseas secondary or tertiary studies
  • professional and paraprofessional qualifications.

You can either upload these documents in your application or post or deliver them to UAC.

We do not recommend you send original documents to UAC. You can bring original documents to UAC between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday and we will copy them:

Quad 2, 6 Parkview Drive 
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127

Or you can post copies of your documents to:

Locked Bag 112
Silverwater NSW 2128

Document requirements

The minimum requirements for each type of document are outlined below.

Academic transcripts

If UAC cannot obtain your results directly from an institution, you'll need to provide an official academic transcript. The transcript must show:

  • the title of the course undertaken
  • all subjects taken
  • grades obtained (including failures)
  • stage reached or qualification gained
  • proof of course completion (where course is complete)
  • a copy of the grading scale where available.

A collection of examination result slips is not acceptable. Apply for your transcript/s early – some institutions may need time to supply official transcripts.

If you have completed the course, the transcript you provide must state the award you gained. If the transcript does not state that you have successfully completed the course, you must provide additional information; for example, a copy of your Certificate or Diploma.

Results for exams completed in late 2017

You may not be able to provide all documentation with your application because you'll be sitting for an examination or test at the end of 2017. If this is the case, provide UAC with a copy of your transcript as soon as you receive it.

Overseas qualifications

You must supply a copy of your official transcript of records, as well as an award certificate if the qualification is complete.

UAC is not authorised to assess Diploma Supplements in lieu of the official transcript of records because Diploma Supplements may only provide passing grades you have achieved and exclude low or failing grades that also need to be taken into account in assessing your application.

If your official documents for your overseas study are not in English, you must also supply copies of the following documents:

  • the original language transcript of records showing subjects and results
  • the original language award certificate (if a qualification has been completed)
  • an English translation of these documents (read below for organisations who can translate your documents)
  • a copy of the grading scale if available.

Your documents must be translated by one of the following:

  • Multicultural NSW or its interstate equivalent
  • a translator accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). The translator must be accredited as at least a ‘professional translator’ (previously known as 'Level 3'). Translated documents must display the official NAATI stamp provided to qualified translators; the stamp shows the level of accreditation and the direction in which they are accredited to translate.
  • the Ministry/Department of Foreign Affairs or a local court or government agency that offers a translation service in the applicant’s home country. The translated document must display the organisation’s name and official seal, and the translator’s name and contact details.
  • a sworn translator approved by the Australian diplomatic missions in Belgium, France, Indonesia, Switzerland or Thailand.

Translations by any other sources, including overseas notaries, will not be accepted.

Studies at UK institutions of higher education

A Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) may be presented in support of tertiary studies undertaken in the UK.

Studies at Chinese institutions of higher education

UAC may specifically request some applicants to submit a Credentials Report from China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC). A Credentials Report, which is used to verify studies, includes the following:

  • background information about the Certificate/Diploma holder
  • legality of the degree or Certificate issuers
  • authenticity of the documents.

The report is provided by the CDGDC for a fee. Visit the China Qualifications Verification website for more information.

Change of name

If you have studied under a previous name, you must supply documentary evidence to prove your change of name, such as a marriage certificate, deed poll registration or other registration with the appropriate Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages. The documentation must show your previous name/s and your current name/s. Without this documentation, your application may be delayed.