Who can apply through UAC International?

You can apply through UAC International if you're an international student and have undertaken one of the following qualifications:

  • an Australian Year 12 in or outside Australia in 2016
  • an International Baccalaureate Diploma in 2016 or May 2017
  • a New Zealand National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 3 in 2016

and you aren't an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident of Australia.

All other international students apply directly to the institutions, not through UAC.

Being eligible to apply doesn't guarantee you a place in a course. You'll have to compete with other eligible applicants. Read about who can be offered a place in a course.

Prospective permanent residents

If you're granted permanent resident status after you have applied to UAC as an international applicant, you must apply again through UAC as an undergraduate.

You must also write to the Senior Operations Officer at UAC as soon as possible to notify them of your change in status and provide them with a verified copy of your current passport. If your status changes after you receive an offer, you must speak with the individual institution concerned.

Who can't apply through UAC International?

If you are an international student in one of the following categories you apply directly to the relevant institution:

  • holder of a permit for temporary entry into Australia (eg overseas student, permanent resident of New Zealand, diplomat and temporary resident holding a work permit)
  • exchange student
  • international student currently enrolled in an English language course or in a course at an Australian tertiary institution (including a tertiary preparation course) or TAFE.

If you fall into one of these categories, contact your chosen institution as soon as possible. Each institution has its own application procedures and admission requirements.