UAC Undergraduate declaration
Your application cannot be considered unless you or the person you have authorised to act on your behalf accept all conditions set out below. UAC collects information about you, including information you provide in this application, to assist in the assessment of your application. This information may be used as described below.
1. I declare that I have read and understand the questions and that all the information submitted is true and complete.
2. I declare that I have read and understand the Applicants' responsibilities and Policy statement on untrue or incomplete information submitted by applicants.
3. I declare that I have read and understand the section Collection of personal information.
4. I authorise UAC and the participating institutions to obtain available official records from any educational institution attended by me. I understand that UAC is not responsible if any institution does not provide these records.
5. I understand that UAC and the participating institutions may check my visa and residency status using Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO), and I authorise UAC and the participating institutions to do so.
6. I authorise UAC to verify any information provided by me.
7. I authorise UAC to provide all information and documents provided with and/or obtained in connection with this application to all institutions participating in undergraduate admissions through UAC or their affiliates for any purpose connected with my possible selection, admission and/or enrolment in any course at any of those institutions or affiliates.
8. I authorise UAC to collect, receive, store, transfer and use any information provided by me, or any information obtained in connection with this application, and to disclose such information to all participating institutions, Universities Australia, Universities Australia member institutions, the members of the Australasian Conference of Tertiary Admissions Centres (ACTAC), the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Authority (TEQSA), the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), state and territory governments and any other authority or tertiary educational institution either in Australia or overseas, where UAC reasonably considers it is necessary to make such disclosure.
9. I authorise any future educational institution I attend as a result of this application to provide all of my results from future studies to UAC or a person nominated by UAC. I authorise UAC or the nominated person to collect, receive, store, transfer and use all such information and all information in or connected with this application for research purposes. I give these authorities on condition that all information provided pursuant to them is de-identified by UAC or the nominated person.
10. I understand that UAC may disclose the personal information I have given in this application to the Department of Education, or its successor, for the purpose of:
- use in connection with the Higher Education Information Management System (HEIMS) and/or
- use in connection with the National Data Collection on University Applications and Offers and/or
- other collections as the Department of Education, or its successor, may lawfully require from time-to-time.
11. I understand that UAC and the participating institutions have the right to vary or cancel an application or enrolment made on the basis of what UAC or a participating institution determines to be untrue or incomplete information from any source.
12. I understand that UAC, on behalf of the participating institutions, makes offers based on the information provided by me and on advice received from UAC. If a participating institution subsequently finds that the information or advice was incorrect, it may withdraw the offer.
13. I understand that UAC will release details of my course preferences and offers to my school/college and that I must notify the Senior Operations Officer, UAC, in writing within 7 days of applying if I do not wish these details to be released to my school/college.
14. I understand that all fees paid to UAC in connection with my application are not refundable under any circumstances except as required by law.
UAC collects personal information and, in some circumstances, information regarding your health, or information about someone other than yourself, for the purpose of processing your application for undergraduate admission to tertiary institutions.
While your personal information is generally collected from you, UAC also collects information about you from other educational institutions that you have attended.
UAC provides your personal information and, where applicable, your health information, to all institutions participating in undergraduate admissions through UAC. If you do not provide personal information where required in your application, UAC will not be able to process your application. Please contact UAC's Privacy Officer if you have any queries.
You are able to gain access to any personal information and health information that is held about you by UAC. To obtain access, or if you have any questions, write to The Managing Director, UAC, Locked Bag 112, Silverwater NSW 2128.