UAC accessibility statement
If you have a disability and are having problems with the UAC application process, contact us. You can call us on 1300 275 822 – from mobiles on (02) 9752 0200 or from overseas on +61 2 9752 0200 – between 8.30am and 4.30pm (Sydney time.) Monday to Friday, email us using the enquiry form or write to the Equity Unit, UAC, Locked Bag 112, Silverwater NSW 2128, Australia. We will help you with your application.
Since 2008, UAC has actively worked within the principles of usability and universal design to deliver accessible web content for all users, including people with disabilities. Our website aims to comply with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) of the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI). These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and incorporate three levels of accessibility conformance (A, AA and AAA). The UAC website aims to meet Level AA.
How we aim to meet level AA compliance
The UAC website incorporates techniques to deliver information and resources that are accessible with assistive technologies. Some accessibility features include:
- Development using standards compliant code and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) which produces pages that load quickly, and are compatible with assistive technologies, eg speech browsers.
- ARIA roles on presentational elements, header, navigation and content areas to assist page comprehension.
- Our editors ensure content is of a high readability standard, incorporating clear headings and easily scannable lists where appropriate.
- Alternative text on all images.
Where we can improve
We're working hard to achieve our goal of Level AA accessibility, but we realise there are some areas that still need improving. For example:
- Some application and application management services and sections of UAC's website that require data entry, log in or registration may not currently meet Level AA compliance. As part of its commitment to equality, UAC is engaged in a continuing initiative to improve the accessibility of these areas.
- We are currently researching options for the delivery of embedded documents to improve accessibility and readability for our users.
We value your opinion
If you have questions about this accessibility statement, or suggestions for improvements to UAC’s website, applications and services, please get in touch.
You can contact us in the following ways:
- Call us on 1300 275 822 between 8.30am and 4.30pm (Sydney time.) Monday to Friday
- Use our enquiry form
- Write to us at Equity Unit, UAC, Locked Bag 112, Silverwater NSW 2128, Australia.