The Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) processes applications for admission to most undergraduate courses at participating institutions (mainly located in NSW and the ACT).
- process applications for admission to many postgraduate courses
- calculate and provide the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) to NSW HSC students
- process applications for Educational Access Schemes (EAS)
- process applications for some Equity Scholarships (ES)
- process applications for some Schools Recommendation Schemes (SRS).
UAC is committed to providing excellent service to its applicants as well as to tertiary institutions, schools, parents, government education departments, statutory authorities and other bodies.
In collaboration with our participating institutions, we continuously explore ways of improving our service and the way in which we deliver it, and promote equity of access to tertiary education.
UAC is a private company that operates within Australia and by virtue of its governing rules and its service to the community is a not-for-profit entity under section 50-10 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cth).
For more information about UAC, download an Annual Report (from the side menu) or the UAC Strategic Plan 2016–2020.
Make Your Mark and Bridges to Higher Education
UAC is proud to be associated with www.makeyourmark.edu.au, a website designed to widen participation in higher education.
The website is intended to be a source of information and resources for:
- people considering further education and what it involves
- people in roles where they can encourage participation in further education (such as parents, friends, teachers, career advisers, community liaison officers, community leaders, government agencies and community organisations).
Make Your Mark was created by UAC in collaboration with five major universities that are working together to widen participation in tertiary education. The universities have developed the Bridges to Higher Education project, a Commonwealth Government-funded initiative to improve the participation rates of students from communities under-represented in higher education.
Visit the Make Your Mark website for in-depth information and resources on tertiary study and inspiring testimonials.