The Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) processes applications for admission to most undergraduate courses at participating institutions (mainly located in NSW and the ACT).
- process applications for admission to many postgraduate courses
- calculate and provide the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) to NSW HSC students
- process applications for Educational Access Schemes (EAS)
- process applications for some Equity Scholarships (ES)
- process applications for some Schools Recommendation Schemes (SRS).
UAC is committed to providing excellent service to its applicants as well as to tertiary institutions, schools, parents, government education departments, statutory authorities and other bodies.
In collaboration with our participating institutions, we continuously explore ways of improving our service and the way in which we deliver it, and promote equity of access to tertiary education.
UAC is a private company that operates within Australia and by virtue of its governing rules and its service to the community is a not-for-profit entity under section 50-10 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cth).
For more information about UAC, download an Annual Report (from the side menu) or the UAC Strategic Plan 2016–2020.